2017 Gold Medal Wrestling Camps
Open to any and all registrants from 7-17 years of age. Prior wrestling experience is recommended.
Two intensive sessions each day with Harvard University’s World Class coaching staff provides each camper an opportunity to learn from the best!
Location: Harvard University’s Malkin Athletic Center. 39 Holyoke Street, Cambridge, MA. The MAC is located at the corners of Holyoke and Winthrop Streets in Harvard Square. Harvard Facility Map
Time: Monday – Thursday, 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM.
- 1st WEEK: June 12-15, 2017
- 2nd WEEK: June 19-22, 2017
- 3rd WEEK: June 26-June 29, 2017
- 4th WEEK: July 10-July 13, 2017
THIS IS A COMMUTER ONLY CAMP. NO OVERNIGHT ARRANGEMENTS ARE MADE BY CAMP
The Coaching Staff:
- Camp Director Jay Weiss – Harvard University Head Coach. 22nd year. Coach Weiss was EIWA Coach of the Year in 1998 and 2001 and has elevated the Crimson to one of the top programs in the East. Prior to his arrival in Cambridge, no Harvard wrestling team had ever won an EIWA or Ivy League championship. Weiss orchestrated an amazing turnaround, quickly constructing a program whose teams perennially challenge for the top spot in the League. He has coached an astounding 19 NCAA Division I All-Americans and 2 NCAA Champions.
- Granit Taropin – Former Soviet National Coach. Coached 10 World Champions and 3 Olympic Gold Medalists from U.S.S.R
- Muzaffar Abdurakhmanov – Muzaffar is a 3-time Uzbekistan National Champion, Junior World Runner-up, 2-time Junior College National Champion, NCAA All-American
- Sean Harrington -Sean Harrington, a two-time All-American and one of the top wrestling veterans from the state of Massachusetts, returns to Harvard as an assistant coach for 2015-16.Harrington previously served on the staff at Boston University for three years from 2011-13. Prior to that he was an assistant at Harvard from 2009-11, where he helped Weiss and the Crimson secure eight individual NCAA berths over three seasons, including 2010 national champion J.P. O’Connor ’10.
- Bekzod Abdurakhmonov – Bronze Medal in 2014 World Freestyle Championships; two-time Junior College National runner-up and NCAA All-American, 3rd place. Second place in 2014 Dave Schultz International Tournament. 2014 Asian Games Champion. 2015 Asian Championships Gold Medal. 2015 Golden Grand Prix Champion. 2016 Olympic Games 5th place.
Cost: $375 per week
Our goal is to make you a better wrestler! Our teaching philosophy includes all aspects of the sport. You will not only learn techniques from some of the world’s best, we also focus on goal setting and the elements needed to be successful at all levels in the sport of wrestling.
Wrestlers who attend our camps leave with a strong understanding of up-to-date techniques, gain valuable knowledge of drills and advice on nutrition and strength training that will enable them to reach the championship level.
JOIN US THIS SUMMER FOR THE ULTIMATE WRESTLING CAMP EXPERIENCE!
- Gold Medal Camp rents Harvard University’s facilities, but is neither sponsored nor controlled by Harvard University